Whole Wheat Banana Bread
What You Need:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups mashed, ripe bananas
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dates
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds + 6 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
What You Do:
1. Pre-heat the oven at 300 degrees
2. Mix ground flax seeds with water, stir well and leave it aside till gooey.
3. Mash the banana well.
4. In a big bowl add the flour with baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and mix well. Now add the chopped dates and stir together. Add the mashed banana and flax seed mixture and stir until it’s all combined. It will be a hard dough but don’t be tempted to add any more water. Do not over mix. Just stir till it forms a hard dough.
5. Fold this into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
6. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until it is well risen, crusty and golden on the outside. A toothpick inserted right in the center has to come out clean and that’s when the loaf is cooked.
7. Let the bread cool down completely. It’ll be sticky and hard to cut into when it’s still hot.