Chocolate Peanut Butter Lentil Blondies
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup mini vegan chocolate chips (I use the brand Enjoy Life)
What You Do:
1. Cook your lentils in 1 cup of water; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes until lentils are soft.
3. Carefully transfer lentils to a food processor and blend with a splash of water until creamy smooth. Set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a square baking pan with a rub of coconut oil. (9X9)
5. Now blend together oat bran, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
6. Back in your food processor blend lentils, peanut butter, vanilla and maple syrup to create a smooth mixture.
7. Fold your wet mix with your dry mix and add in chocolate chips. I like to sprinkle a few on top as well.
8 Pour into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
9. Let cool a bit and cut into squares. Enjoy!